Cyanoacrylate injury to the eye in a child: An Emeregency Department Approach
Superglue is a common household product with a multi-purpose usage. However over the past 3 decades many cases of accidental installation to the oral, aural, and ocular regions have been reported. We are discussing a case of a 6 years old girl who accidentally applied superglue to her right eye. Her parents attempted first aid by irrigating her eyes and trimming her eyelashes before arrival in emergency department. In the emergency department with analgesia and further irrigation and full separation was achieved. Emergency team are the frontline in any crisis, thus it is important for us to emphasize all the first line of management for superglue injury to the eye.